Client (Intel D845Gvsr) won't boot PXE

dbclinton dbclin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 02:19:56 UTC 2012

I've just upgraded my LTSP server to Edubuntu 12.04 everything's running
fine...everything, that is, besides one particular client. It's an Intel
P4 (Intel D845Gvsr) with 500MB RAM that always happily booted to 10.04.

DHCP give the client an ip address, but the screen then goes blank.
Syslog gives me this:

Jun 25 21:23:22 dbclinton dhcpd: DHCPACK on 192.168.0.21 to
00:0c:f1:90:74:c6 via eth1
Jun 25 21:23:22 dbclinton in.tftpd[29868]: tftp: client does not accept
options

I figured it was a video problem so, through BIOS, I tried both the
integrated and AGP (Radeon 9200 pro) controllers - both died after
receiving their ip addresses.

I can't imagine it's a server config problem because the other clients
boot perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
David