ldm and xsession, Edubuntu 11.04

asmo.koskinen at arkki.info asmo.koskinen at arkki.info
Mon Mar 21 14:53:06 UTC 2011

My Edubuntu 11.04 as a ltsp server works very well. I use Atom/ION as a
thin client. Works very well with Nouveau. But.

How I force easily thin client/user use only "Classic Gnome desktop (no
effects)" Well, I do not like "Unity 2D" ;-).

You know, there is only Gnome, nothing else.

# update-alternatives --config x-session-manager
There is only one alternative in link group x-session-manager:
/usr/bin/gnome-session
Nothing to configure.

Can I force "Classic Gnome desktop (no effects)" in users .xsession? If
not, where?

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.