gnome-panel using way to much CPU

Rippl, Steve rippls at woodlandschools.org
Mon Apr 18 00:36:05 UTC 2011

All I can say is that when we had Networked home folders certain apps would
cause problems, and Gnome panel was one of them.  We did periodically search
for zombie gnome-panel processes and kill them, but for us it didn't go away
until we went away from the networked (nfs) home.  I don't really know if
this is the issue in your case...!

--
Steve Rippl
Technology Director