Teachers and Edubuntu and more

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Tue Jan 19 21:17:47 GMT 2010

Scott Balneaves wrote:
> I agree totally.  Like I say, I think I'd rather just see us handle it all in
> edubuntu.

I also think this is a great idea. There's not "too much" activity going
on in #edubuntu so we should just invite everyone to the party. =)

> David's other suggestion about lesson plans is a good one.  I'd love us to be
> able to ship some content.

This is crucial from my point of view. Teachers don't give a $&#! about
the technology, a lot of them don't even use computers (even when
they're available). There needs to be a real motive for teachers to want
to work with this stuff, and if we ship actual content ready to go, then
they don't have to worry about mastering all aspects of the programs
they want to use (which I'd say, the majority would never want to do in
the first place). Content is most likely the 'killer app' for education
and the best way we could get more people to start using Edubuntu.

Cheers,
Jordan