Teachers and Edubuntu and more

Scott Balneaves sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca
Tue Jan 19 21:26:43 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 01:17:47PM -0800, Jordan Erickson wrote:

> This is crucial from my point of view. Teachers don't give a $&#! about
> the technology, a lot of them don't even use computers (even when
> they're available). There needs to be a real motive for teachers to want
> to work with this stuff, and if we ship actual content ready to go, then
> they don't have to worry about mastering all aspects of the programs
> they want to use (which I'd say, the majority would never want to do in
> the first place). Content is most likely the 'killer app' for education
> and the best way we could get more people to start using Edubuntu.

Sooooo..... Who's going to produce us some content? :)

Is there already standard content out there with moodle/whatever we could ship?
Can someone create some content for us?

Beuller... Beuller... anyone?

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | Take eight minutes and divide by 90 million lonely miles,
Systems Department | and watch a shadow cross the floor.