No subject

Mon Sep 28 21:33:24 BST 2009

change from where we've been the last 2 years before that. I honestly
don't mind you (or anyone) providing constructive criticism, but I don't
believe that you are being very constructive with your current tone.

> I am very sorry that this is all happening. I hope you can solve your
> internal deadlock one day and grow again as a community. I might join
> then, again.
>
> Thanks to all the people who sent positive thoughts the last couple of
> months. And sorry for leaving you with a half-done wiki. Not my choice.

The choice is all yours, really. Firstly, you made a large amount of
changes to the wiki, and then you choose to leave it uncompleted,
leaving us with more work than there was before you started working on it.

That's where the sixth major point in the Code of Conduct comes in,
"Step down considerably". From my perspective, saying mean things to
those who have only tried to help you (Jordan for one has gone out of
his way to try to accommodate you) and then wanting to leave things you
 have started without any form of handover or discussion is not in the
spirit of the code. I note from your Launchpad page[2] that you have
signed the code of conduct so I assume that you should be familiar with it.

The last thing I want to do is use the CoC to do any kind of policing,
and that's not what's happening here. I do want to note, however, that
being impatient and demanding is not the way to make progress in a team
and in a community. It would be sad to see you go, but if you're not
willing to work as part of a team, then unfortunately our hands are tied.

-Jonathan

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct
[2] https://launchpad.net/~acesuares