Printer on thin client network--says it's working but isn't

Ben Francis wirelessben at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 20:35:18 BST 2009

David,

Dean's advice should work, but it mystifies me why the print server needs to
be one of the thin clients.

To answer your questions,

The correct telnet command is

$ telnet 192.168.1.6 631

I think your server should be the print server, not one of the thin clients,
i.e. plug the printer straight into your hub with an ethernet cable and use
the "sudo system-config-printer" to connect to it. Then publish shared
printers using Server -> Settings.

Good luck.

Ben

Ref: http://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkPrintingWithUbuntu