Next Meeting: Fri Sep 11 17:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting

Jordan Mantha laserjock at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 11 12:48:04 BST 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 7:11 AM, Ace Suares <ace at suares.an> wrote:
> Gaging the reaction to the meeting schedule, it looks like there is VERY
> LITTLE interest in edubuntu meetings. If that is the general situation,
> then I think that is very sad.

How did you come to that conclusion? I wouldn't expect much response
to a simple meeting announcement. My general feeling is that people
are interested in Edubuntu meetings but availability can be an issue.
Most of us have day jobs, and often day jobs that don't lend
themselves to 1-2 hr IRC sessions. For this to work very well I think
there needs to be regular, scheduled, alternating meeting times like
we used to with the 12:00, 20:00 on Wednesday meetings. I think a
tightly focused meeting agend/schedule is important. Probably 1 hr
*max* meetings, even if that means pushing agenda items to the next
meeting.

-Jordan