Not leaving Edubuntu
sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca
Tue Oct 6 00:06:31 BST 2009
Rather than get into the previous thread, thought I'd start a more positive
1) I'm not leaving. I've been *sick* for the last week, (something flu like,
I'm hoping it was H1N1, so I'll have immunity to it now :), but, still
slogging away in the trenches.
2) As part of my committment, Sabayon is now in a workable state for Karmic.
As well, I've also created a set of patches that (Hosannah!) allows for gui
applies of profiles *by group*. As part of this process, I've become an
upstream developer, and Federico's now accepting my work upstream.
3) I'm still plinking away at the handbook. I undertook several months of work
getting the Docbook in place for the LTSP translation. Vagrant's done some
preliminary packaging work for the LTSP docs, and I'm working on the
4) I am subscribed to the debian-edu mailing list, and have contacted some
Debian developers. Apparently, they want me to take over the Sabayon
package in Debian as well (!) and I now have an account on alioth (I've done
nothing with this for the last month, been to busy with other stuff).
5) I've been testing installs with LaserJock's excellent work that he's done
on the seeds that turns Edubuntu into a distro again, as some people have
Scott L. Balneaves | He that breaks a thing to find out what it is
Systems Department | has left the path of wisdom.
Legal Aid Manitoba | -- J.R.R. Tolkien
More information about the edubuntu-users