Leaving Edubuntu

Ace Suares ace at suares.an
Sat Oct 3 12:36:07 BST 2009

Dear People,

There was a meeting yesterday.

See http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2009/10/02/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t17:59

On the agenda was a proposal from LaserJock, which would resolve the
deadlock around cleaning up the wiki. It was not addressed. The EC
totally ignored the agenda.

That proposal was made on 23 sept.
See
http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-development/372834-ec-request-consideration-wikisite-current-wiki-edit-projects.html

Then on 27th, after some mails and talk on IRC, I made a detailed
proposal. All in the hopes that the next EC would handle it

See https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Edubuntu/WikiSite/WikiCleanupProposal

Well, nothing has happened. No comments on the wiki page. No talk about
either Jordan or mine proposal in the first EC meeting in months.

When I started this, I thought I would clean up the wiki in about three
intensive weeks.

Due to total inadequacy of the governing body of Edubuntu, this project
is still in limbo.

Actually, there is only ONE person stopping me every time I move
forward. All the others either don't care or give some praise and
encouragement.

I'm done with this bunch. Some very common sociodynamics are at work.
Pioneers Syndrome comes to mind. These sociodynamics do really crumble
the structure of Edubuntu and stop (some) new people getting involved.

I am very sorry that this is all happening. I hope you can solve your
internal deadlock one day and grow again as a community. I might join
then, again.

Thanks to all the people who sent positive thoughts the last couple of
months. And sorry for leaving you with a half-done wiki. Not my choice.

ace