dyhcpd replaced with dnsmasq - but users not authenticating

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 16:06:25 GMT 2009

Hi,

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, Sergio Dicandia wrote:

> I've replaced dhcpd with dnsmasq, I set dnsmasq.conf file up and now thin
> clients are receiving the proper IP address and booting from server.

Great.  Could you post your dnsmasq config so we can record how this is
done?

> The problem now is I try to login, the system waits for 30 seconds and
> thenI get the message:
>
> "No response from server. Restarting."
> Then the screen goes blank, displaying only the arrow cursor. Nothing elsehappens.
> I feel I'm near the solution, but I can't understand why it's not authenticating the users.

That's curious.  Could you run tcpdump on the server something like
	tcpdump -i eth0 host w.x.y.z and tcp port 22

to see does the client successfully make an ssh connection to the server?
Put the client's ip address in place of w.x.y.z obviously.