Thin Client /etc/hosts entry

Mickey Moore tcamdmoore at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 20:01:09 GMT 2009

How will you use the DNS names? To ssh into one of the terminals you will first have to ssh into the LTSP which they are connected to. Since you will be creating the session from the LTSP to a client it should be sufficient to have the names in the /etc/host file of the LTSP server. You can assign specific IP addresses to specific devices by assigning it via MAC address in the DHCPD.conf on the LTSP. At least it is not clear to me how you would know a specific thin-client name/address ahead of time any other way.