Adobe Reader as localapp

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 10 10:18:34 GMT 2009

Hi

M Rathburn wrote:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Couldn't find package AdobeReader_enu-8.1.3-1.i386.deb
>
> I went ahead and downloaded the .deb file from Adobe and placed into my
> /root folder.  How do I install that directly into the chroot?

What do you have in the chroot's /etc/apt/sources.list file? You'll need
the appropriate medibuntu[1] repositories if you'd like to apt-get
install it.

To install the deb from your root directory, you could do a:
dpkg -i /root/AdobeReader_enu-8.1.3-1.i386.deb
It may have some unresolved dependencies. You could download additional
dependencies then by doing a:
apt-get -f install

Installing via the medibuntu repositories will be your best route though.

-Jonathan

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu