Platinum Arts Sandbox 2.3 Release - Open Source 3D Game Design Tool For Kids And Adults
platinumarts at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:38:27 GMT 2009
Platinum Arts Sandbox is the game design tool based on the Cube 2 engine
that allows users to quickly and easily create and edit their own worlds in
game, even cooperatively. It is free, open source, and easy to use for Kids
and Adults! As a note a new webpage is in the works at
http://Kids.PlatinumArts.Net but the old webpage is still available. NOTE:
The offsite links below might not be kid friendly.
We have a ton of goodies for you in this new release dubbed 2.3. You can
download it here:
Here are the awesome new features!
* New 3D sidescroller Mario like mode! Also there is a seperate RPG
project, check the wiki!
* Hotkeys that make it easier to save games, add materials, and lots more!
* New in game help section that displays all of the binds/key commands!
* Snow has been tweaked and updated :) Be sure to check out the new version
of house :D
* Maps now generate cfgs on save! Also many various map tweaks.
* New main menu theme! To try other themes check out the options menu.
* Loads of new textures and new player skins.
* Tons of under the hood bug fixes and features.
* Thanks to ZKAT of virtualdarkarts.net there is a brand new great looking
Be sure to check out the new Sandbox video courtesy of NoesisInteractive.com
and moddb where I talk about the mission of Sandbox, my success of using it
with kids, useful development software, and a lot more! Check that out over
Thank you for your interest in Sandbox! If you have questions please consult
our FAQ and help section. Also make sure to check out our tutorial video
Take care and enjoy 2.3 :D Let us know how you like it!!
Check out http://PlatinumArts.Net !
It features movie reviews, stories, free video games and more!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the edubuntu-users