flash videos on Hardy

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 00:47:31 GMT 2008

Go to youtube.com automatically get prompted to install plugin. Click a few
buttons and flash with sound works. Everything is fine on the server,

But on the thin clients...
the videos are choppy. I know that when I installed on Feisty it was choppy
at first, but after setting LDM_DIRECTX=True it became good.
Now the video is choppy whether LDM_DIRECTX or not.

Can anyone offer suggestions or look into it. I have been trying to find out
about drivers etc, but I have run out of time for now.
My network hasn't changed, and the problem persists even when the thin
client is connected directly to the server.

Possible things to look at are:
1. Changes in LDM that may make a difference?
2. Graphics card Drivers?
3. Changes in new version of Flash?
Any other ideas?