thin client set up probs

francois francois.barillon at free.fr
Wed Jun 18 02:51:28 BST 2008

Le mardi 17 juin 2008 à 11:51 -0400, Barb A. Tabor a écrit :
> Been trying to get new HP thin clients to boot from new HP server with
> Hardy for 3 days.  When thin client boots, it has the IP of
> 192.168.0.250  Mask: 255.255.255.0  DHCP IP: 192.168.0.254  Gateway:
> 192.168.0.1    Get these error mesaages:  PXE-T01: File not found,
>  PXE-E3B: TFTP Error-File not found   PXE-MDF: Exiting Broadcom PXE
> Rom
> Server has 2 NIC's, one going into main switch and one going into
> switch for thin clients. We set the thin client BIOS to boot from the
> Network and have been googling and researching forums, but cannot
> figure out how to get the thin clients to see the Hardy server. Any

By Default, you should have thin client network on eth0 with 192.168.0.1
for server address.

You should have your eth1 internet connection on eth1, if possible on
another subnetwork (ie. 192.168.1.x).

Things are going weird when two dhcp are able to answer thin clients
requests (ie. ltsp server and router).

If there are still problem with tftp, you can do :

sudo ltsp-update-kernels

Regards,

François