Edubuntu 8.04, Tuxtype not responing to keyboard in Cascade game.

Bob Terrell bob_terrell_texas at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 17:59:26 BST 2008

In Edubuntu 8.04, Tuxtype is not responding to the keyboard in Cascade game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Edubuntu Desktop along with Tuxtype, and the problem remains. I should have plenty of cpu speed and memory. Tuxmath and the rest of Tuxtype are all working correctly.

This problem is on the Tuxtype bug report page from 2002 (bug# 159436), as occuring at 240 wpm typing speed. I am not typing anywhere near that fast, and the keyboard is not responding. I have not found any workarounds or fixes yet. I also cannot find a place to send to bug report for Tuxtype.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Bob Terrell

$ uname -a
Linux admin01-desktop 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Fri Jul 11 23:41:49 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 6
model		: 4
model name	: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping	: 2
cpu MHz		: 1199.778
cache size	: 256 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 1
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow up
bogomips	: 2402.13
clflush size	: 32

$ cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:       385512 kB