locking down the desktop

btabor btabor at btownccs.k12.in.us
Mon Jan 21 16:01:32 GMT 2008

All students log in the same (see the same desktop).
Then they can navigate to their network folders.
Obviously, from your "do you make sure they wipe themselves properly"
comment, you
do not understand the importance of not letting hundreds of teenagers save
whatever they
want to their school desktops. I am very new to Linux and trying to learn as
I go. I thought
signing up for this listserve would be helpful, but if you are just going to
poke fun......I am thinking
that this might not have been a good idea. I am just trying to figure things
out and do the best
I can. The high school computers with Edubuntu on them are looking a mess
and everyone is
complaining because the kids can save to the desktops, I was just trying to
figure out a way to
solve a problem that others have asked me to solve. If you feel the need to
make insensitive comments, then I guess I am looking in the wrong place for
answers.