Thin client configuration problems

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 23:29:47 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007, DB Clinton wrote:

> I wonder if the problem is the "auto eth1" line at the end of interfaces -
> do you have to reboot after making that change?

Yes if you modified it by hand (actually you don't need a reboot, you need
to restart the networking, but a reboot would achieve that).  Would you not
just try rebooting and see what happens though rather than asking us?

> I appreciate all this,

To be honest, we're going around in circles here.  If I were you, I'd
strongly consider a fresh install as you've apparently modified a fair bit.
You can do it with the standard edubuntu install CD, as the re-partitioning
is already done.  Try and get one thing working at a time (eg, first thin
clients, then internet, then routing, etc.) and keep track of what changes
you make.  I would also suggest running pppoe on a dedicated interface or
better still get a DSL modem/router to do it.