LTSP - Server AMD64, Thin Clients i386

operationsengineer1 at yahoo.com operationsengineer1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 04:41:24 GMT 2008

hi all,

at the suggestion of someone more knowledgeable than i, i did the following with an i386 cd on an amd64 edubuntu gutsy server:

mount cdrom
sudo ltsp-build-client --arch i386 --mirror file:///cdrom

then

sudo ltsp-update-kernels

and

sudo ltsp-update-sshkeys

i got further along in the client boot process, however, i still received an error.

The error begins as follows:

Begin: Running /scripts/init-bottom ...
Done.
[    80.598019] request_module runaway loop modprobe bmfmt-46k
[    80.598122] request_module runaway loop modprobe bmfmt-46k
[    80.598606] request_module runaway loop modprobe bmfmt-46k
[    80.599175] request_module runaway loop modprobe bmfmt-46k
_         <- this is a blinking cursor, this arrow and text no shown on actual screen.

 iwill try out feisty and see how it goes - the person who suggested i go this route said it worked under feisty and failed under gutsy.

Is there anyway to get this information to the ltsp and/or ubuntu guys to see if they can figure out why this approach to get intel clients matched up with an amd64 server works for feisty but not for gutsy?

tia...

oe1