Testing 7.10

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 21:05:02 GMT 2008

After some troubles with my 32bit 7.04 install (I think motherboard
failure), I took the opportunity to install and test 32bit 7.10 on a
quad core intel with 4 Gb RAM.

So far:
1. When I log in on a client I get a stripy square in the top left of
the screen. It goes away after a while (a few minutes) or instantly if
I do alt-ctr-F1 then alt-ctrl-F7. I tried to take a screen shot but
everthing looks fine in the screen shot. Any clues how to fix this? It
was not there in 7.04 I recall the same thing was happening when I was
running 7.10 in vmware.

2. Flash videos are jerky. I suspect LDM_DIRECTX is not enabled even
though it is set in the lts.conf file.

Any help appreciated.