Does LTSP on Edubuntu/Hardy honor /etc/profile ?

john lists.john at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 23:05:04 BST 2008

Hi all,

I have some scripts that I run from /etc/profile to symlink user files
to their desktops. Under Feisty I could call these from /etc/profile
Now that I am in the process of upgrading to hardy I find that when
the thin clients log in the symlinks aren't created.  If I log in via
ssh the lines in /etc/profile are honored and  files run just fine. Do
thin clients honor /etc/profile? If not where should I call stuff that
I want to fire at client log on?

I hope someone can help!

Thanks,

John