Plan B Edubuntu Terminal Server - Taste of Success!

operationsengineer1 at yahoo.com operationsengineer1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 20 19:04:04 BST 2008

hi all,

thanks for the patient help.  it seems that creating a
test account did the trick - i got my laptop and
computer 2 booting into the terminal server.

however, i still am getting errors with computer #1.
right before the screen goes retarded, as explained
below, it gives the following error message (or very
close to it, it just flashes for a partial second):

"Device doesn't support 44100 Hz changed to 44099 Hz"

i troubleshot it down to a monitor problem.  a
different monitor works fine.  once i had the login
screen up and switched back to the old monitor, it
worked fine.  when i logged out, it went back into
poltergeist mode.

could it be a monitor setting?  i suppose it isn't a
big deal if we have to swap the $20 monitor, but it
would be better to not have to.

tia...

oe1