2nd Attempt at Setting Up Lab

operationsengineer1 at yahoo.com operationsengineer1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 07:30:29 BST 2008

Hi Gavin,

the following link, also posted in my previous reply, contains exactly what i did and the exact erros i received.

http://www.nabble.com/LTSP---Server-AMD64,-Thin-Clients-i386-td15533884.html

from the above link. the errors were as follows:

begin --->
Begin: Running /scripts/init-bottom ...
Done.
[    80.598019] request_module runaway loop modprobe bmfmt-46k
[    80.598122] request_module runaway loop modprobe bmfmt-46k
[    80.598606] request_module runaway loop modprobe bmfmt-46k
[    80.599175] request_module runaway loop modprobe bmfmt-46k
_         <- this is a blinking cursor, this arrow and text no shown on actual screen.
<--- end

again, from the link i posted, i did the following to set up the server to work with the clients:

begin -->
mount cdrom
sudo ltsp-build-client --arch i386 --mirror file:///cdrom

then

sudo ltsp-update-kernels

and

sudo ltsp-update-sshkeys
<-- end

also, are you saying i can install the i386 version of edubuntu on the amd dual core server?  if so, i didn't know that.  please confirm.  perhaps that method is worth a try.

thanks for the response.

oe1