Feisty: gksu/gksudo don't work on thin clients?

Philipp Hanselmann philipp at schoolnet.na
Sun Sep 16 17:27:32 BST 2007

Hi

I tested this again, its only happen with LDM_DIRECT = True, otherwise
gksudo/gksu is working on the thin clients.

May this is in connection with the DISPLAY variable during a client
login, which is different with deactivated encryption (LDM_DIRECT = True).

with LDM_DIRECT=true
echo $DISPLAY         192.168.0.249:6.0

otherwise (without this option)
echo $DISPLAY         localhost:11:0

Can somebody help ?

Philipp

--
SchoolNet NA - Youth Empowerment through Information and Communication Technology

SchoolNet Namibia provides sustainable, low cost technology solutions and internet access, as well as technical support, training services and rich educational content to schools, community-based educational organisations, and educational practitioners throughout Namibia.

www.schoolnet.na

toll free number: 0800 005793

Philipp Hanselmann
philipp at schoolnet.na