About nvidia 7000m

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 10:51:51 BST 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007, oedha at netscape.net wrote:

>  thanks gavin....but the problem is...there's no graphic at all
> so i can't do what your link told me....

You should be able to switch to the vesa driver though.  That would
(hopefully) get you a limited graphical setup and get you out of the
"chicken-and-egg" situation.

Actually, an alternative and possibly better way to do this is to run:

	sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

You will be led through a series of menus.  Take the default answer to all
questions (there are quite a few), except where you are asked for the "X
server driver", when you should choose "vesa".  Once that's done, try
restarting the display manager

     sudo /etc/init.d/gdm restart