How can I test that NBD Swap is working?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Sat Sep 1 15:46:38 BST 2007

I don't think that nbdswap is working right.  When the client boots it creates a file in
/tmp on the server with the correct swap size.  However if I load a graphic intense
website that uses up available RAM and the client freezes, it freezes at the same point
whether swap is set to 32MB or 128MB.  This leads me to believe it is not taking
advantage of the swap space.  This is running Edubuntu 7.04, I have "NBD_SWAP=True" in
"/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf" and have created a "/etc/ltsp/nbdswapd.conf" file which
contains the line "SIZE=128".

Thanks,

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department