Thin clients freeze hard when out of RAM

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Mon Sep 17 17:54:08 BST 2007

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:35:50 -0400, Tom Hoffman wrote
> Perhaps this is a more direct solution if you could push the setting
> to all the users?
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips#oth_memcache
>
> --Tom

These settings tell Firefox how much RAM to use for cache, but this does not affect the
pixmap caching to X.  There needs to be another parameter to disable this.  The patch I
refer to is supposed to disable the pixmap caching.  I'm going to see if I can try
Gavin's suggestions later today.

Jim