Local ldap with Gui

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Oct 31 16:53:43 GMT 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:51:57 +0100, francois Barillon wrote
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to setup a local ldap authentication to manage conveniently one
> or two hundred users.
>
> I've setup slapd and ldapscripts but I could just set an empty base and
> password in slapd.conf.
>
> I tried to use Luma but had problems to connect to the ldap (bad
> authentication).
>
> I tried phpldapadmin but could just connect with ldap in read-only
> anonymous mode.
>
> I tried to set a basic ldap structure with ldapscripts but I'm not good
> enougth and my posix/ldap structure was never perfect.
>
> I tried to install webmin and webmin-ldap-user-simple (skolelinux /
> Debian-Edu) but had again connection problems).
>
> Is there a simple way to perform local and distant users administration,
> bulk-add from a text file, change users group... ?
>
> Thanks
>
> François

Here is my tutorial I put together for managing my systems.  Might not be exactly what
you want, but it sounds close.  I use Webmin to manage all users and do the bulk
importing and such.  Hope it helps.

http://www.1-cs.com/ubuntu_ldap_howto.txt

Jim