Question about local device support

Scott Balneaves sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca
Thu Oct 18 15:53:57 BST 2007

S. J. van Harmelen wrote:

> How can I use local devices? Citrix and rdesktop both support
> the use of local devices, but in order to use a device, it must be
> (auto)mounted.

By default, local devices will just work.  Plug in your usb stick
and things will function.

> I just read another peace about ltspfs and do I understand correctly
> that this could/should do the automounting on the thinclient?

It does.

> Of course with a Linux Terminal Server you then also need ltspfsd to
> make the mount available in the virtual desktop, but in my case I want
> to connect to a Windows Terminal Server.

I don't have access to a Windows Terminal Server, and, to be perfectly
honest, have no real personal desire to get this going.  I've seen
on the ltsp mailing list that some people have tried, with varying
success.  Try looking through the ltsp-discuss archives, but
I'll be perfectly blunt: For me, personally, I don't care about
Windows Terminal Server working with local devices, so someone else
will have to get that going.  They're welcome to submit patches to me,
and, if they're sane, I'll accept them.  But as I don't have access
to WTS, I have no idea how to make it work myself.

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | "Eternity is a very long time,
Systems Department |  especially towards the end."