Customizing Edubuntu's LTSP client to start another session

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:15:30 BST 2007

Hi,

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, S. J. van Harmelen wrote:

> Is there nobody who can help me a bit with this? I'm trying al kind of
> things, but I just don't get a rdesktop session going.
>
> What can I do or try?

You could set the root password on the client:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EdubuntuFAQ#head-285f03d2d3ed2f29847c7793dbdb8f1488814c1b

Then press <ctrl><alt><F1> on the client and login.

Run
	ps aux | grep rdesktop
to see if the command you wanted is really being run.

You presumably have a script called

	/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/lib/ltsp/screen.d/rdesktop

Can you make it log all output to a file, say /tmp/rdesktop.log and then
inspect the file for errors.

You could check the rdesktop server and see are any connections being
refused or if any connection is coming in from the client (tcpdump would be
a good bet for this).