Edubuntu opens in a terminal only mode

Michael Gresty michaelgresty at inbox.com
Tue Oct 2 02:39:30 BST 2007

Thanks for pointing me to the (missed) mouse configuration instructions. The error messages made more sense, now.

However, the decTOP has a "USB Wheel Mouse" installed. I edited the xorg.conf file as directed, and noted the 2nd instance of mouse mention at the end of the file, which I edited for consistency.

I restarted to no avail - same error message(s). It can't find the mouse, so it generates the subsequent wacom tablet error messages and then stops.

I tried rebooting but that didn't work either.

Any other suggestions?