Thin Client Manager problems

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 22:27:22 GMT 2007

On 11/16/07, R. Scott Belford <scott at hosef.org> wrote:
> Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> > On Nov 13, 2007 5:04 PM, Charles Austin <ceaustin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Robert,
> >> Thanks for the links.  I get pretty much the same results.  The tool opens,
> >> but says no users found.  I tried rebooting the client, but still no clients
> >> found.
> >>

> > Hmm, no users eh?
> > okay try this on the command line (with a couple users logged in)
> >
> > ps eaxww|grep "bash --login -c"|grep "LTSP_CLIENT"|grep PPID|grep -v grep
> >
> > tell us what you get.
> >

> I need to report that I have followed these directions(1)
>
> sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
> apt-get install x11vnc
> vi /etc/rc.local
> x11vnc -display :6 -forever -loop &

try this
x11vnc -display :6 -rfbauth /root/.vnc/passwd -forever -shared -loop &

don't forget to set the vncpasswd

Make a password for the vnc-session:
#/usr/bin/vncpasswd
#cp -a /root/.vnc /opt/ltsp/i386/root/
exit
Reboot clients

> cd /etc/rc2.d
> mv K99rc.local S99rc.local
> exit
> sudo ltsp-update-image
> reboot
>
> and now none of the clients can log in.  They boot to the login window,
> but they do not log in.

Also I have not tested fl_tt on 7.10. If someone is running it on
7.10, can they report success?

Also see this (I notice -auth option, wondering if it's for 7.10)
http://doc.edubuntu-fr.org/clientleger_x11vnc

--
Robert Arkiletian