Sabayon- is there still a bug?

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 16:54:29 GMT 2007

Now that we have got local printing fixed our next step is desktop
customization by group.

I read previously that there was a bug in sabayon that only users assigned a
profile can log in.
I have assigned every user a profile but none can log in. It is a while
since I checked but I think those who had logged in before sabayon was
installed can log in but noone else.
Has anyone had success getting Sabayon to work? I would love to be able to
control by group what each user sees on the desktop and in their menus. It
seems to work easily in KDE but not so well in gnome.

Is there another way to do it? (Not too complicated though!)

We are currently running Feisty with all updates (until we are sure we can
get smbldap working on Gutsy).

Thanks.

Krsnendu dasa