Edubuntu Server 7.04/LTSP broken or am I just not paying attention?

john lists.john at gmail.com
Tue May 29 22:49:03 BST 2007

Hi all,

Having done several installs using LTSP 4.2 and Ubuntu 6.06 over the
past year I wanted to see what the state of Edubuntu was.

I just installed edubuntu 7.04 on my test server. During the install I
noticed that the text based wizard halted at"install  ltsp", I hit
enter and the installer did something and then brought be back to the
original screen. Crossing my fingers I moved on to "install grub",
pulled my cd, rebooted and got my very pretty Edubuntu Server Desktop.

However my second nic isn't up automatically and my clients aren't
recieving dhcp on the 192/24 subnet. Do I have a broken install or
does "working out of the box" need a bit of clarification?

Also Is this the current state of the art
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ThinClientHowto or is there more
current documentation?

Thanks for your advice!

john