Edubuntu 7.04 new install

Ray Garza ray at mission.lib.tx.us
Tue May 29 17:45:32 BST 2007

Greetings,

I'm trying out Edubuntu 7.04 to see if I like it over K12LTSP 6.0. I have the
system installed and hooked up a PC that I've used for the K12 setup. It
boots and I get a logon screen.

I created a user on the Server but I cannot logon the terminal. After username
and password I get a black screen with the X then it goes back to the logon
screen. I can logon to the server with the same user and password so, I know
I have that info correct.

I checked the /var/log/auth.log and I see the entries for when I logged on the
server but I don't see anything from the terminal.

Any ideas? Was there something else that I need to do after installing the
server s/w?

Thanks,

Ray Garza
Coordinator of Computer Services