[edubuntu-users]

Jason Sandlin crane.aswp at gmail.com
Tue May 22 20:48:58 BST 2007

Hello Everyone,
 My name Is Jason, also known as Crane on the forums and other places. I am
pretty knew to  working with Edubuntu and I am hoping to learn some helpful
information by hanging out here.
 I recently started the Alabama LoCo team in the US and one of the current
projects I am trying to get going is setting up a local school with Edubuntu
client/server system. I have very little experience with this. Any links you
guys may know that have presentation, information, or material to help with
a presentation would be great. My plan is to set up a server then use older
donated computers for clients, hopefully reducing cost to a bear minimum. I
have a meeting with a local Kindergarden soon to discuss the ideas. This is
the school my son will be attending this fall.
 We, Alabama LoCo and Local LUG are planning on setting up the server
somewhere local to test it's performance with different clients. The server
will be a Dual 1.1gig server with 2 gig of ram.

 Again, All this is in a pre-preplanning state as I am still learning the
ins and outs of presenting and advocating Ubuntu and Edubuntu. I just
thought I would introduce myself and let everyone know what I am about. (if
this is the wrong list please let me know)

Thank you for your time,
Jason

--
Jason Sandlin