external DVD burner problem

Uwe Geercken uwe.geercken at datamelt.com
Wed May 2 11:30:58 BST 2007

hello again,

one more thing I have found, which I do not understand. I am using a thin client
without a disk. when I boot to the LTSP server and login, all works ok.

I can connect a memory stick to the thin client and it is detected and I can
work with it. if I try to connect a USB DVD burner nothing happens, although I
had never problems with this burner in the previous edubuntu versions.

has anybody similar problems? or is this a specific thin client problem?

thanks for your response.

uwe