Ubuntu thin client-help need at a Tibetan school in India

François BARILLON francois.barillon at free.fr
Mon Mar 12 20:43:50 GMT 2007

Le lundi 12 mars 2007 à 19:45 +0530, Phuntsok Dorjee a écrit :
> I want to implement Ubuntu thin client for the lab to simplify
> management, configuration, software distribution, anti-virus fight.
> etc.
> etc. Could someone suggest what CPU and what size of RAM, Hard disk
> would we need for the Server machine for the 30 computers.

I think you need a fast computer to run as a server :

Memory : 2 gb (512 mb plus 50 mb per client).

A fast hard drive (or two : one for the system, one for the /home).

Two network cards (one for the clients, one for the internet).

and there it goes...

Some links :
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/HowToCookEdubuntu/Chapters

http://www.edubuntu.org/news/8