Edubuntu 7.06 LTSP Inspiron 1100

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 26 15:10:38 BST 2007

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 26.06.2007, 09:57 -0400 schrieb Tom Misilo:
> I read all that and it is all good and everything, but as I am using
> it as a edubuntu thin client I tried making a custom XF86config file
> however when i put it in the lts.conf the computer won't boot.
> Actually it won't boot even if i put Sound=False.
>
> Also I tried looking up linux <computer/model> and was reading that
> stuff for about 8+ hours trying stuff.
>
> Thanks for any other suggestions,

try the following:

make sure to have universe enabled in your software sources.

open a gnome-terminal and issue the following commands:

sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt/sources.list
sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386

apt-get update
apt-get install 915resolution

hit ctrl-d
restore the original lts.conf and try to boot the client :)

ciao
	oli