testing new ldm with out encryption

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Jun 22 19:43:53 BST 2007

> so far it works though do I really know if it is not encrypted?
> and two after setting up hostname in dhcp I still am not able to get
> the auto login.
> Though I am not quite sure what the lts.conf should look like.

I have not tested the autologin myself, and I don't know how to tell for certain that X
is bypassing ssh.  However after I install the new ldm and enable directx video files no
longer have a jerkyness (I don't think that is a real word) and play very smooth.  So I
assume this to be proof that the X is not being sent over ssh.

Gideon Romm (gideon at symbio-technologies.com) is the gentleman that added the extra lines
in the ldm to handle the added features.  I am sure that he would know the proper setup
for lts.conf and how to make the autologin work.  I think he would be more than happy to
help out.  If you get this setup and tested please post back to the list with some
better instructions.

I am certain that if/when this makes it into the gutsy release there will be much better
documentation to support it.

Thanks,
Jim