Mass User Creation

David Trask dtrask at
Wed Jan 10 19:05:09 GMT 2007

Clay Berlo <clay.berlo at> writes:
>Having spent the morning working out a BASH script to create batches of
>user accounts at once, I'd like to know if anyone else would be
>interested in this script or has a better one handy that does about the
>same function.  Basically, my script takes FirstName LastName pairs (one
>per line) and makes unique user accounts out of them.  It's presently
>posted at [,
>] but I'm not sure how long that site
>holds on to things...
> --
>Clay Berlo <[ mailto:clay.berlo at ]clay.berlo at>
>DSBN Technical Services

Good work!  Although next time you might want to ask first....we already
have one  :-)  It's part of the Samba/LDAP installer package.   I can post
it if people want.  Matt Oquist wrote it to take first name last name and
make unique usernames....etc.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School