thin client assistance please

Phoenixink phoenixink at comcast.net
Tue Feb 13 01:34:06 GMT 2007

Hello François,

Thank you for your considered information.

I had moved to 6.10 in an effort to get this working. I was able to boot a
different thin client with a boot rom PXE with success.

However, I continued to have difficulty with the original client (Gateway
G6 -350: Pentium II - 350MHz).
I was using a floppy-disk boot rom image on this client originally. I
managed to get an Intel PXE boot rom Lan card and still this client still
would not finish booting.
I could see with alt-F1 (tty1) that the OS was not finishing.

I decided to go back and try the 6.06 version again and then the client
booted correctly. I am now using two clients and they are both booting
correctly with version 6.06.
Since this is the LTS version I think I will stay with 6.06. I am expecting
to receive a few more client computers in the coming days to expand the
network.

I have only one small issue now. The gateway client will not shut off power
when I shut down.
I have tried many Bios option for Power Management and have not been able to
fix this but I am not concerned at this time.

bonjour

Jim