Thin client configuration problems

DB Clinton dbclin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 02:34:10 GMT 2007

I made the changes to my configuration files and rebooted...but I was
still unable to boot any client to the network server.
More than that, though, I really can't get anything out of my eth1 (LAN)
card while in Linux (although, as before, when I boot my server to
Windows XP the whole network functions just fine). I had a friend with
lots of Unix, Linux, FreeBSD etc., experience come over today and we
spent a few hours playing around, but we still can't wake up eth1 - when
we ping it (192.168.0.254) from itself, the files are reported as going
through, but no lights flash on the card itself and it's not possible to
ping in or out from other machines (when they're booted to Windows) or
get any sign of life.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
David