Nautilus using 100% CPU

Kai Wüstermann k.wuestermann at
Thu Dec 6 20:58:24 GMT 2007

Am Dienstag, den 04.12.2007, 11:39 +0200 schrieb Carl Olof Englund:
> I've set up an Edubuntu (AMD64 Gutsy) server running here at school, with so
> far three clients attached to it. We're having trouble, though, with nautilus
> processes (of different users) eating up all the CPU on the server, slowing
> things to a crawl.

This seems to be a bug in ubuntu/edubuntu 7.10. On my ubuntu 7.1 pc i
get this problem often after logging out and in again at once. I wrote a
bugreport at but did not
worked on the problem any longer, because i don't log out and in so
often. I also can't reproduce the problem if i want to. But it is still

I think your problem is the same and is not special to edubuntu.

Kai Wüstermann