Sharing the experience for set up printer in thin client of Edubuntu 7.04

Luis Montes monteslu at cox.net
Thu Aug 23 14:33:16 BST 2007

I have a setup with 1 smbldap server, 2 edubuntu ltsp server, 70 thin
clients, and 14 or so printers spread around the school.
Using the thin clients as printer servers makes much more sense than
purchasing separate dedicated print servers except for that fact that it
has a bug in 7.04.

It does however look like it has a fix for Gutsy:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/130472

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/110609

Luis