regular ubuntu + thin client on the same PC

Joe Rowe jrowe at
Sat Aug 11 19:12:48 BST 2007

Let me know if you get a solution.
I need the setup you mention.

I may try it this way:

Install just one hard drive  20 gig.
boot from Gparted cd and wipe the drive clean
install Ubuntu 6.10 on to only 10gig hard drive
finish install, reboot a few times, browse web
remove 20gig hd

Install a different 2gig hard drive
install client for Edubuntu to boot from that

install 20gig as master drive,  2 gig as slave
use Gparted boot CD to copy 2 gig partion to empty space on 20gig
edit grub so that it dual boots
i think this last step is the hardest step, beyond my current skill set.