Gcompris broken?

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Wed Oct 4 17:42:50 BST 2006

Hello!

I downloaded edubuntu-6.06.1-live-i386.iso livecd to check it out.  When
I launch gcompris, it just logs me out from the desktop without any error
message.  Then I downloaded and installed edubuntu-6.06-install-i386.iso
and updated it.  Same effect: when I try to start gcompris, I just be
thrown out from the desktop.  There's a gcompris-administration, which
offers to administrate user/groups/tables, but actually, I can't enter
anything to it.

I can reproduce this on 3 different computers.

Anybody seen such problems?  Any ideas what I screw up here?