Installed Edubuntu, but...

David Symons ubuntu at liberatedcomputing.net
Sun Oct 1 23:20:53 BST 2006

On 10/1/06, Anthony Scott <anthonyscott at comcen.com.au> wrote:
> I downloaded what I thought were the repositories for Edubuntu
> Desktop, etc, but I cannot work out  a way of using it on a new desktop.

Hi Tony,

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Did you install the edubuntu-desktop
package while running Kubuntu?  If so then that will have brought in a
number of additional education related applications as well as the
GNOME desktop environment which will be accessible by selecting it
from the Sessions menu of your login screen.

The additional applications should appear in the menus (when using
either GNOME or KDE).

By the way, Edubuntu does have its own CD images available for
download via http://releases.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/6.06.1/ .

Cheers, Dave.
--
David Symons