Help me to install edubuntu

François BARILLON francois.barillon at free.fr
Tue Nov 21 08:37:36 GMT 2006

Le mardi 21 novembre 2006 à 07:58 +0000, Rashedul Haque a écrit :
> Dear all,
> I live in Bangladesh and a very recent user of ubuntu (an older
> version). Now I want to install edubuntu from web. I tried it several
> times but failed. After 100mb, it restart downloading again. Why it
> happens? I am using a broad band net with 10 to 30kbps band width.
> Another problem is that I can not play any MP3 file with the software
> given with this.
> Last I want to thank all the members of ubuntu team for the excellent
> OS.
I don't know if you are trying to download a new iso image or if you
want transform an ubuntu into edubuntu... Both are possible.

Downloading :
- You can try to download an image from another source/country.
- You can use a download program whitch allows you to get the continue
the download after a problem : personnaly, I'm using "d4x".

Upgrading with Apt-get :
- The specifics packet for edubuntu are (I think) edubuntu-desktop,
ltsp-server-standalone and openssh-server
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPQuickInstall

Regards,

François